One of my favorite parts of this platform is being able to share so much with you all! Here’s a round up of all the things I’m loving lately to support my own personal mental, emotional and physical well-being!
As always, YOU are the expert of you. Take what works for you, experiment with it, and leave the rest. (None of this is sponsored. Just sharing what I’m digging!) 🙂
Here are some of my favorite things I’ve been utilizing lately:
- Runkeeper – If ya follow me on Insta, (which if you don’t, what are you waiting for?!), you probably know that I’m training for a half marathon with one of my closest friends. Running is hard! I haven’t run like this in a long, long time. Runkeeper is an awesome app I’ve been using. They created a plan for me based on my needs (ie. goal time, where I started, training time, amount of runs/week, etc) and I’ve been loving it! Having someone talk me through the runs is super helpful, and knowing the plan ahead of time helps me to manage my life better while in “training mode.”
- Moody Month – Over the past couple of years I’ve learned a lot about what it means to be a woman, and learning about my cycle has been so transformative. I know what to expect from myself and I feel so much more informed about my own body and rhythms. I love tracking daily in Moody Month to help grow my awareness and understanding of what’s going on in my body. It’s free! Check it out.
- “This is How It Always Is” by Laurie Frankel – I was gifted this book and man, what a gift it was! Such a good, fiction read that explores the world of a young family with a transgender child. The story has so much heart and good feels. I absolutely devoured it!
- Morning walks! – Since we moved to VA Beach this summer, I’ve been rolling into my days by starting out with some gentle morning movement – a walk! I get some fresh air first thing in the morning, and really pay attention to what’s going on around me. As the air is getting more crisp and leaves are starting to fall, this practice is something I look forward to everyday. 10 minutes makes all the difference before rushing into to-do’s of the day!
- Staying in & doing less – Honestly, moving knocked the wind out of me, and so did summer. It was busy! There was so much going on. Lately I’ve been staying in on the weekends and saying no to plans when I want to. Oof. It feels good. In doing so, I’ve been able to be WAY more intentional with my days and time. It’s helped me to feel like I have more space in my life and I’ve grown so much because of it. Take pause, if and when you need it. Truly!!
- A Millennial’s Guide to Stress + Anxiety – This has been such a big heart project! I absolutely LOVED creating this resource and I’m so honored to share it with the world. I’ve curated a month long, 4 step process to help you re-work how you manage stress and anxiety that is inevitable in life! It’s my first online product, and whew, it feels good! You all seem to be LOVING it, and I’m overjoyed. Grab yours and find more chill!
Is there anything else you’d like to learn about? Send me a note – happy to share my thoughts, insights and experiences! I’ll be writing these posts more frequently, so stay tuned. 🙂 Thanks for being here you wonderful human! I appreciate you.
P.S. Want these love notes straight to your inbox with all the happenings and first dibs? Sign up for my email list here!